There are specific requirements to be admitted to the Graduate School at UL Lafayette and the BSN to DNP program. View the requirements for the Graduate School.
In addition to the Graduate School requirements, to be admitted to the BSN to DNP program you must have:
- Evidence of current, unencumbered U.S. RN nursing licensure (no restrictions). This will be verified by the graduate nursing program. Do not send in license numbers or a copy of your nursing license.
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Proof of Immunizations
- Completion of an undergraduate statistics course and a physical assessment across the lifespan course.
Requirements for Graduation
To earn the Doctor of Nursing Practice, you must complete all degree plan requirements including:
- 70 credit hours in the DNP program;
- 1,000 hours of post-baccalaureate supervised academic program practice hours; and
- the DNP synthesis project.
Students who earn less than a “B” in a course will be required to repeat that course. A course may be repeated only once. Courses with a grade of “C” or less may not be applied towards the degree requirements. Students must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA at all times.