Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center recognized UL Lafayette nursing student, Zachary Orlando with the OLOL O
The Rotary Club of Lafayette annually awards scholarships of $3,000 to three currently enrolled University of Louisiana at Lafayette students. Scholarship funds are to be used solely for tuition, books, and/or other course-related fees. The scholarship stipend is divided over two semesters and each recipient will receive $1 ,500 in both the fall and spring semesters of 2017-2018.
To qualify for the scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen;
- Be a graduate of a high school located in Rotary International District 6200 (the 25 parishes situated within the district include Acadia, Allen, Ascension, Assumption, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron, East Baton Rouge, Evangeline, Iberia, Iberville, Jefferson, Jefferson Davis, Lafayette, Lafourche, Livingston, Pointe Coupee, St. James, St. Landry, St. Martin, St. Mary, Terrebonne, Vermilion, West Baton Rouge, and West Feliciana);
- Be an undergraduate with at least 60 credit hours completed at time of application;
- Not be receiving TOPS funds;
- Have an overall 3.0 adjusted GPA or higher at time of application;
- Provide three letters of reference, two from a faculty member, department head, or Dean of your college; and one from someone not affiliated with the University;
- Submit current University of Louisiana at Lafayette transcript (need not be official);
- If selected as a finalist, participate in an interview with committee members;
- Be actively involved in community and other service activities;
- Maintain a 2.8 GPA semester average during your first scholarship-supported semester in order to receive the second stipend in the spring of 2018; and
- Be a full-time student for both semesters, i.e. taking at least twelve hours.
Application Packet Information
The application packet includes the following:
- Completed application - Download the application form
- Current University of Louisiana at Lafayette transcript (need not be official)
- Three sealed letters of recommendation (two from a faculty member, department head, or Dean of your college; and one from someone not affiliated with the University)
Submit Your Application
Mail or hand-deliver your application packet to:
Harold L. Domingue, Jr.
Rotary Club of Lafayette Scholarship Committee
711 West Pinhook Road
Lafayette, Louisiana 70503
Your application must be mailed or hand-delivered to Harold Domingue, Jr. no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, March 27, 2017. If delivering in person, do so during the hours of 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. until noon on Fridays. Should you be selected as a finalist, you will be notified of the date, time and location of your interview.
Questions or More Information
Contact Harold L. Domingue, Jr., chair of the Rotary Club of Lafayette scholarship committee, for more information or with questions at email@example.com or (337) 234-6003 (8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. until noon on Fridays.)