Applications Being Accepted!
Prerequisites for Admission
Admissions only accepted for Spring and Fall
- A baccalaureate degree in Nursing from an NLN or CCNE accredited undergraduate (USA) program.
- A satisfactory GRE score: (Verbal score 145; Combined verbal and quantitative scores 287) *Starting Fall 2019, GRE scores are not required.
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- Evidence of immunization.
- Completion of an undergraduate statistics course.
- Louisiana Registered Nurse License - active and unencumbered.
- Three (3) letters of reference from persons who can attest to your ability to be successful in a graduate nursing program (Note: One (1) of the three (3) required references must be from a recent supervisor/employer
- A letter of application to include a discussion of the applicant's goals in pursuing a graduate degree in nursing, potential contributions to the MSN program at UL Lafayette and plans for nursing practice upon completion of graduate study. Send directly to Dr. Helen Hurst, Graduate Coordinator, at email@example.com
The MSN program reserves the right to limit the number of students enrolled in nursing courses to make the most effective use of the educational resources available. In the event that enrollment in these courses must be limited, students will be selected by their academic ranking based upon MSN admission requirements and their cumulative GPA in graduate nursing courses.
Tuition and fees are determined by the Board of Supervisors for full-time, part-time, and non resident students.
Departmental Application Deadlines – all documents must be received by the deadlines in order for the application to be considered for that semester.
Fall May 1st
Spring November 1st
Click HERE for more information.
For inquiries concerning this program, please contact:
Dr. Helen Hurst
phone: (337) 482-5635