There are specific requirements to be admitted to the Graduate School at UL Lafayette and the post-Master’s DNP program. View the requirements for the Graduate School.
In addition to the Graduate School requirements, to be admitted to the Post-Master’s DNP program you must have:
- Evidence of current, unencumbered U.S. APRN Nurse Practitioner nursing licensure (no restrictions).
- Completion of a graduate statistics course.
A master’s degree from an accredited university in one of the following areas of advanced nursing practice:
- Nurse Practitioner
- Nursing Administration/Leadership
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists
- Certified Nurse Midwife
- A 3.0 cumulative GPA on all undergraduate work or 3.3 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) on all graduate work
Requirements for Graduation
To earn the Doctor of Nursing Practice you must complete all degree plan requirements including:
- 39 graduate credit hours in the DNP program;
- 1,000 hours of post-baccalaureate supervised academic program practice hours;
- the DNP synthesis project.
Students who earn less than a “B” in a course will be required to repeat that course. A course may be repeated only once. Courses with a grade of “C” or less may not be applied towards the degree requirements. Students must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA at all times.